Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 7 10 9:02 AM

Tags : :

Hi guys.....just wanted to ask you all to consider posting your Speke stuff once in a while, it protects the forum from being archived if just one post is made every month.  It would be a shame to lose the forum because it means so much to the ex pats amongst us.  Remember ....just one post a month not a lot to ask for. and our forum will be safe......Tom

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 24 10 1:06 AM

Hi all, have been having discussions with Jim Ryder, he has told me that my first teacher at Stocktonwood was Miss Oakley. Does anyone else remember her? I do not have any school photos of my schools in Speke and Garston. Well there are some but I do not appear it seems. There is one I have seen, I thought was me but someone said it was not!
By the way my daughter teaches in a nursery - name Miss Oakley! Coincidence

regards to all
Val

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 1 10 6:11 AM

Well Tom I notice its you and I who have the most posts on this site- at the moment. You 25 me 16.
 Have you seen Ted Chapman? He is over here now with Pam meeting old chums, as he says.

Regards Val
ps. I am pleased I have sorted out where I used to live in Bray Rd! Did you know who lived in 89 before you?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 2 10 5:46 AM

Hello Val.....I didn't live in number 89 it was number 86. Third house from the corner of Woodend on the even side of course. I don't know who lived there before or after me. No I haven't seen Ted Chapman since school days and in fact I haven't met anyone since those days with my being out of the country for most of the time.  Where are you living nowadays are you still in Speke? Regards Tom.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 5 10 5:31 AM

Had alook on google maps. I lived in 86 3rd house from the crossroad with woodend lane? I remember the huge garden the lady had at that junction. Looking towards what used to be Speke Airport with Western Ave behind( where the ice-cream van was). I can still see my dad cycling from the airport to home for his lunch.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 30 10 3:45 AM

How remiss of me - last post Oct!!! I had all good intentions of posting monthly.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR. and thanks for this forum Tom. Lets keep it going and no-one do as I have not done - if you know what I mean.

Val

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jan 7 11 1:17 PM

Hi Everybody
Happy 2011 to you all.   Hope you all had a good Christmas.  Keep this site going.  Val did you know a Bettinna Williams (not sure if that is how it is spelt)  I think that she lived about the numbers you are talking about.  Regards Mavis

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 12 12 9:21 AM

We had a teacher at St Christopher's Miss Oakley (Molly) later Mrs Smith.  She taught music and trained the choirs for the Speke Music Festival in the late 50s early 60s - is it the same one?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 13 12 5:48 AM

I attended stocktonwood 1946-47 then moved to junior school in Garston. I dont remember much about the school, tho' once I hurt myself in games/pe and had to go to the doctor with a hernia.I remember that, no teachers

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help